Sports Clubs & Leisure Centres
The fall in average UK household disposable income since 2008 may well result in lower sales revenues for many sports clubs, hotels, restaurants, theatres and leisure centres - resulting in lower profits. A reduction in operating costs will help to counter this profit drop, and the BSA is ideally placed to help you to do just that, through its range of purchasing support services and buying power.
Through our "BSA4Sport" division, BSA has boosted the profits of countless UK sports clubs and leisure centres/venues through a combination of purchasing advice, specific cost category tendering and BSA4Sport Buying Group. Clients include sports clubs, racehorsing venues, theatre groups, hotels, restaurants and leisure centres.
Click on the PDF icon to download BSA's summary of benefits for Sports Clubs & Leisure Centres:
We have official partnerships with CIMSPA and the Golf Club Managers Association (GCMA) which offers free access to BSA4Sport Buying Group to all sports clubs, leisure centres and golf clubs affiliated with these trade associations.
Examples of our work in this sector:
- The Jockey Club - across all 14 racecourses (e.g. Cheltenham, Aintree, Newmarket) we reduced their stationery and office supplies costs by 30% and slashed their print costs through a thorough review of print specifications and then conducting a tendering exercise;
- A Championship football club - we benchmarked their catering, cleaning supplies and stationery costs, identifying cost savings worth over 25%;
- One of the UK's largest theatre groups - we've saved significant sums of money across their catering, cleaning, stationery, telecoms, utilities and parcel courier service spend areas;
- Several Hotel Groups - we delivered 25% overhead cost savings;
- Several Leisure Centres have saved over 20% across catering, cleaning, utilities, telecoms, credit card processing, workwear and stationery supplies, business rates and insurance.
- Plus dozens of independent hotels, theatres, restaurants, food outlets.
If you're looking to make your sports club or leisure company more profitable, click here for more details
We engaged with the services of BSA4Sport Buying Group recently to review our costs across our 19 leisure centre sites. We’ve been delighted with the results so far, with over £60k of estimated annual savings identified so far across janitorial, workwear, PPE, office supplies and water. We’re now reviewing other running costs with BSA4Sport and expect to improve our cashflow and profitability significantly thanks to their buying power and procurement expertise. We would definitely recommend BSA4Sport Buying Group to other leisure centres and sports clubs.Joe Simpson, Abbeycroft Leisure
I’m so glad that I agreed to work with BSA4Sport Buying Group; they’ve saved 39% off our telecoms costs, 15% off our water bills, and our annual catering food cost will fall by £10,000 without any deterioration in food quality or customer service. That’s given our club’s cash flow a real boost. I would recommend BSA4Sport Buying Group to any sports club.T. Rawlinson, General Manager, Ringway Golf Club