Stationery & Office Supplies
Thanks to its buying power, the BSA Buying Group is able to deliver average cost savings of 20% in this category. We achieve the savings through competitively tendering out to several pre-audited stationery suppliers, all of whom have excellent service performance track records in their industry.
What product areas does the BSA Buying Group cover?
- Stationery supplies
- Audio Visual Equipment including demonstrations and in stallation
- Office Furniture, including complete design and installation service
- Electronic Office Supplies (computer consumables)
- Business Machines (printers)
What are the key benefits from joining the BSA Buying Group?
- Significant and sustainable reduction of your existing spend in this category thanks to the buying power of the BSA Buying Group.
- Next Day delivery.
- Dedicated customer service team available to help you find the product you are looking for.
- Customer helpline
- Review of previous orders and best value advice (including options to buy own-label rather than branded items where appropriate)
- If you have any sister organizations, they can also benefit; to ensure you obtain 'Best Value' please contact your BSA Consortium representative to arrange a consultation and supplier review
- Progress tracking available so at any time you can find out where your order is in the pipeline
- Your orders can be faxed, telephoned, linked to your e-procurement system (Ariba, Commerce One, UK Procure etc), E-mailed or electronically ordered using the Supplier's own Internet ordering system
Action points for easy Implementation
- Initial Meeting with the BSA Buying Group supplier (once you have agreed in principle to outsource office supplies)
- Detail and agree your expectations and requirements.
- Detail and agree end user locations and ordering methods.
- Collate information and agree go live date.
- The supplier will use data gathered from the initial meeting to set up system parameters to suit your requirements.
- The supplier will provide all end users with Welcome Pack details including all your service contact information.
- The supplier will provide on-site training or telephone support for preferred method of ordering prior to go live date.
- The supplier's Account Manager will provide complete on-site support during this initial implementation period.
- The supplier's Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the contract.
Repeat v One-off buys
All repeat buys will be added to the "core list" from the outset and will enjoy significant unit price reductions (typically 10-35% less than the your previous prices). These prices have been negotiated at a rate that only BSA Buying Group members can enjoy. For non-repeat items that are only ordered rarely, you use a supplier catalogue which provides product and price information. The prices in this catalogue whilst competitively priced, are further discounted for BSA Buying Group members.
The approved suppliers both review the spend patterns periodically and if it appears that purchases that were initially assumed to be one-offs become more regular, they will be moved to the core list, thus reducing price in the process.
Switch Selling Programme
Many businesses focus only on providing savings on core lines. Our strategic supplier's proactive approach to you will ensure we provide ongoing savings for our customers on non-core lines as demonstrated below. We are pleased to offer all BSA Buying Group members this unique 'cost-saving' package' on non-core lines as part of the overall partnership approach.
Many end users do not have detailed product knowledge and, therefore, do not always make the most favourable purchasing decision on behalf of their business. The strategic supplier is able to act as the 'expert buyer' on your behalf. Their system proactively inspects each order and checks whether they are able to offer an alternative product that offers similar quality at a lower cost. They are able to swap this over on the client's order at their discretion and send back an acknowledgement detailing the products that are going to be despatched.
This proactive approach can typically save in excess of 40% of your non-contract spend.
Take action to reduce your stationery & office supplies costs - call us now on 0800 254 0344.