The ability of Procurement to drive out supply chain cost and deliver internal efficiency improvements is clearly going to be a critical factor in determining whether the continuing budget deficit reduction targets can be achieved. Its role is made all the more crucial by the political risk to the government of a deterioration in public services caused by such spend reduction. In short, increased value for money is the name of the game.
The BSA has the expertise to deliver procurement excellence in the public sector, with several of its team of procurement consultants having worked over many years in the public sector. So whether it's procurement audits, procurement consultancy, operational resourcing, cost reduction projects or purchasing skills training, we can help.
A few examples of our work in the public sector
- Advising the National Audit Office (e.g. building an audit toolkit for their value for money auditors, advising them when they reviewed procurement within the FE College sector);
- Delivery of value for money reviews across the Dept of Culture, Media & Sport;
- Auditing the procurement functions at several FE Colleges and local councils;
- Auditing the procurement functions or specific contracts across many non departmental public bodies;
- Process mapping and procurement strategy development at Visit Britain;
- Procurement healthchecks and outsourcing for several housing associations;
- Delivering cost savings for Parish Councils and Academies via our Outsourcing and BSA Buying Group.
If you're interested in discussing your procurement requirements without obligation, please call 0800 254 0344.